[Gllug] Writing drivers

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Wed May 22 12:11:48 UTC 2002

Hi,

A friend has asked me to look at writing a driver for a custom piece of
hardware that he has built (MPEG-1 encoder board via parallel port).  I've
had a look around the kernel and I own a copy of "Understanding the Linux
kernel" which I've read and understood.  I know how his hardware works but
not much about the parallel port drivers/software architecture under linux.
Anyone got any tips on where to start with this stuff.

JD

P.S. I'm a compitent programmer and I've done low level embedded stuff
before, not as high level as this though.

--
Jonathan Dye, The Automation Partnership(Cambridge) Ltd
Registered Office: York Way, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5WY, UK
mailto:jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk