[Gllug] Re: Gllug digest, Vol 1 #1806 - 12 msgs

Bernard Ogden el_shog at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 4 07:12:12 UTC 2002

I had a similar problem with an Advent - tried to
install Mandrake 8.0 and Redmond Linux on it, but each
time couldn't get X-Windows to work. The screen would
just gradually fill up with white splotches. It still
works fine under Windows but if anyone could suggest
what the problem might be I'd appreciate it.

> Yes, they're well specced in terms of memory and CPU
> power, but I've had
> endless problems with Advent.  I remember buying one
> from PC World,
> getting it home and using Windows on it quite
> satisfactory for a couple
> of days.
>
> I came around to installing SuSE 7.2 on it, and as
> soon as I did, the
> screen died horribly and I couldn't get the machine
> to work ever again.

Bernie

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk