[Gllug] evolution/mozilla-mail comparison

Martyn Drake martyn at alug.org.uk
Thu May 2 14:38:27 UTC 2002

Paul Brazier wrote:

> Has anyone used both Evolution and Mozilla-Mail recently and could give
> a brief comparison of the two?

I've not used Evolution for some time now, but seem to remember it being
a bit slow and cumbersome for me.  Reminded me too much of Outlook.  As
for Mozilla Mail - I've completed converted over to it at work.  Works
very well, and it's NNTP facilities are pretty good too.

However, I would still say the absolute best GUI mail client that I've
come across for Linux is Sylpheed (http://sylpheed.good-day.net or do a
search on Freshmeat.net).  Very easy to use, and is regularly
maintained.  It does have very good GPG integration as well.

Regards,

	Martyn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk