[Gllug] Intel ADSL router

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu May 23 15:24:25 UTC 2002

>later versions were much better ... but 0.99pl8 was a shocker!

Speak for yourself! That was the first kernel I recompiled myself
(although I'd been using Linux since 0.11), and I didn't have any
problems with it. Unless you count an 11 hour kernel compile time,
on my 386.

>as was pl10,11. its been a while, but they did have good network
>support and X was stable, but they had very limited hardware
>support.

Couldn't comment on that. It supported all the hardware I had at
the time (a basic machine, MFM hard drive, Herclues graphics card
and standard serial and parallel ports). I didn't have X then, or a
network for that matter, just a tried and trusted serial terminal to
give conurrent access for myself and my girlfriend. In fact, much of
her masters thesis was done on that kernel -- in vi and LaTeX, the one
true way(tm). But I guess neither of those stressed the machine too
much, which may be why I didn't have any problems...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk