[:BLIP:][Gllug] Net access everywhere

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu May 30 11:28:44 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 12:07:59PM +0100, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience of portable net access? What I'm
> thinking of is a palmtop type device with some kind of GPRS connectivity.
> The basic premise being an ability to do support should I get called
> while I'm not at home with access to my DSL line. All I need is a semi
> usable keybaord, and an ssh client.

Not done it myself, but what about a Bluetooth enabled IPaq or Palm
and a GPRS mobile with Bluetooth? By using bluetooth you avoid all the
line of sight problems with IR, and it gives you bragging rights. :)

When I get the cash together, that's how I plan to do it (got an
Ericsson T39m at the mo, which completes the mobile phone half of the
equation, but can I justify a palm pilot or an ipaq?)

Cheers,

Simon

--
An ASCII character walks into a bar and orders a double.  "Having a bad
day?" asks the barman.  "Yeah, I have a parity error," replies the ASCII

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk