[Gllug] X-Box linux

adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Mon May 13 12:33:12 UTC 2002

john at livepublishing.co.uk wrote:
> First we had Linux on the Dreamcast
> http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/2004/dcdev/linux/linux.html
> Then we had Linux on the PlayStation 2
> http://www.yabasic.co.uk/ps2linux.html
> Even Linux on a Nintendo GameBoy
> http://www.fivemouse.com/gba/
>
> Now onthe XBox
> http://www.h07.org/xbox-linux/
>
> Obviously the Gamecube boys are way behind with such a cheap console and
> poor hardware :-)

Errr.... except that link says they haven't got Linux on the Xbox and they don't know how they will ever get it there without hardware modification.

And it's not Linux on the gba, its a web server. Still a big achievement, but not quite an OS!

And the LinuxDC project is at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/linuxdc - you'll get things like a sound (/dev/dsp) driver there (work of yours truely), which aren't on most of the "distros" dotted around the web.

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk