[Gllug] Sony Vaio

Dave Jones davej at suse.de
Thu May 2 19:05:04 UTC 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 07:52:08PM +0100, Axel Segebrecht wrote:
 > I bought a 405 for a client and it's crap. They make you buy
 > an extended battery which lasts almost as long as the original one

Slight exageration. The extended battery on my z600tek lasts ~2-3 times
longer than the standard one. (Standard lasts just under 2hrs, extended
~4.5->5hrs).

 > and the support sucks big time. If you can avoid it: don't buy
 > phONY products.

I guess I've been lucky and haven't had to deal with their support,
but I've heard other people say bad things about them too.

That said, Ggven the opportunity again, I'd probably buy something different.
I'm not unhappy with my vaio, but there are a lot of other 'cool
looking' slim[1] laptops these days.

    Dave.

[1] This was the selling point for me. I didn't want to be carrying a
    several lb brick^WDell/IBM stinkpad around with me on flights etc.

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk