[Gllug] whereami.deb

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Sun May 26 19:06:37 UTC 2002

I am trying to get the whereami package working, under debian woody.
It's the detection thingie I have problems with.

Here's my /etc/whereami/detect.conf

set DEBUGWHEREAMI 1
default unknown
testmii eth0 lan
if lan
   set INTERFACE eth0
   testdhcp    192.168.*.*      home
   testdhcp    161.74.*.*       uni
fi

What I get when I run whereami is:

+ /sbin/mii-tool eth0
+ grep 'link ok'
+ ifconfig eth0 down
+ exit 1
Continuing at unknown
++ LASTLOCN=unknown
++ LOCATION=unknown
++ savelog -p /home/stig/.mozilla/default/rwy7yurb.slt/prefs.js
Rotated `/home/stig/.mozilla/default/rwy7yurb.slt/prefs.js' at Sun May
26 19:52:22 BST 2002.
++ cat /home/stig/.mozilla/default/rwy7yurb.slt/prefs.js.0

The effect is that my network link goes down. Nothing else.

However, if I set 'default home' in detect.conf, the right actions are
taken by whereami, but the test still fails.

If I run mii-tool alone, I only get this:

SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported
no MII interfaces found

Anybody got any tips?

Stig
--