[Gllug] Linux laptop?

Jim Bailey jim at lateral.net
Wed May 22 07:25:12 UTC 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 05:50:27PM +0100, mallum wrote:
> on Tue, May 21, 2002 at 04:42:52PM +0100, Thom May wrote:
> > My dream machine would, however be a Titanium Power Book.
>
> I have a tibook and I must say its by far the best laptop I've ever
> used. Linux was a bitch to install ( needs CVS X, benh kernel etc etc
> ) but well worth it.
>
> It has a massive display yet small form factor, the battery seems to
> last for ever, has built in 802.11, I can run macos at the same time
> as Linux with little speed loss thanks to mol ( www.maconlinux.com )
> and it didn't really cost _all_ that much ( 2k ).

Got to agree here what ever you think about OS9 or OSX Apple hardware is
excellent I used to work a lot with it and if I can ever afford one I
want an iBook or Titanium built in firewire and GNU are doing a lot of
work porting their apps over to run on the Darwin kernel. standard X
runs on Darwin and I think but I maybe wrong on this you can have both
Aqua (OSX GUI) and normal X running together.

If you do buy an Apple buy the Apple Care support to go with about
100UKP for 3 years and the service is excellent.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk