[Gllug] gtk+ or Qt? (or others?)

Walid Shaari ws at melinux.com
Sat May 11 14:11:33 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-05-11 at 14:43, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to learn some gui programming, and I'm wondering if anyone has
> any opinions about what tools are nice to program in? I only know of
> gtk+ and Qt.

Both have nice tutorails in thier websites,and linux magazine made these
tutorials even smaller just to get a taste of what you can do, and what
is involved, I would reccomend that you try both of these first

http://www.linux-mag.com/2001-12/qt_01.html
http://www.linux-mag.com/2001-06/gtK_01.html

I do not find that qt is a c++ intensive, but may be because I already
know c++, if you want to learn C++ quickly, I have found "Essential c++
by lippman" book quite useful!!!

other OSS toolkits that you might need to check is FLTK
apart from that, and if you do not mind the noise from the /.
commenteries check

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/08/26/0030209&mode=thread

hth

Walid