[Gllug] Compiling Drivers

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.co.uk
Wed May 22 08:00:58 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 18:49, you wrote:
> However, I do not seem to have either a "/usr/src/linux/include" dir
> or a "/lib/modules/2.4.7-10/build/include" dir. I'm really not sure
> what my course of action should be from here, any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

Make sure you have installed the kernel-headers rpm. If they are and it
still doesn't work install the kernel-source rpm and compile from that.
If that still doesn't work download a new kernel source tarball and
compile a new kernel and modules.

I have to say we usually go for the final option becuase we can never
be bothered to mess around with RH's header nonsense. Plus we have some
fairly idiosyncratic stuff compiled into our kernels.

HTH
Huw

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk