[Gllug] BB4::excel

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon May 27 14:29:36 UTC 2002

>I have been asked to get data from BB4 logs to display in MS apps. or if I
>get my way .png graphs that can be dropped into any office productivity
>suite they choose.  Does anyone know of any perl modules or similar that
>would allow me to do this or is it something I am going to have to build
>from scratch?

I looking into doing this, and in the end gave up. The BB logs aren't
conduicive to analysis in that way. I ended up modifying our BB helper
programs to log status in a sensible format, which I parse independently
of BB's own logs.

Thinking of switching to Netsaint, but it's a lot of work, and we're
short enough of resources as it is...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk