[Gllug] Online banking

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Thu May 16 17:32:44 UTC 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Simon Stewart wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 06:05:46PM +0100, Richard Cohen wrote:
> > [Warning - bank advert follows]
[snip]
> > List, create, edit and delete standing orders.
> > View statement (from the date of the last monthly paper statement, I think).
> > Make payments to well-known destinations (taxes, banks, utilities and so on)
> > 	or to arbitrary UK bank accounts, apparently including other
> > 	accounts of my own, but I've only got one account with them...
> > List direct Debits with last amount paid.
> > Apply for (and probably manage - I don't have any of these) an overdraft,
> > loan, insurance and so on.
> >
> > They do seem to be actively developing the site - the "transfer money to
> > arbitrary account" was only added a few weeks ago.
>
> That's something that's good to know --- it shows that they take their
> Net side seriously, and they might even be responding to customer
> criticsm.
>
> Can you also manage your Direct Debits and/or any standing payments
> (rent, for example)? They're one of my major cash sinks, and they need
> tweaking from time to time to keep everything on an even keel.

Look a few lines up... :-)

You can list direct debits, and manage (edit, create, list, and delete)
standing orders.  You can also setup sort of blank, one-off, payment
templates for infrequent or changable payments to the same place - I used to
use that for paying my credit card before I set up a standing order for it.

> > > I do my best to promote chaos and confusion. If this thread is left
> > > untended, it'll disintegrate into one of those interesting flame wars
> > > *G*
> >
> > I do hope so :-)
>
> <tempt target="fate>
> Seems civil so far
> </tempt>

You do know how stupid you are, and how much better that you I am, don't
you?  Just checking...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk