[Gllug] nvidia drivers

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Sat May 25 21:22:02 UTC 2002

On Sat, 25 May 2002, Harry Jackson wrote:

> Geforce2 MX DDR
>
> I am downloading the nvidia drivers again as packages. I will also have
> a look at qownloading a new kernel but I am on a dialup and its a tad
> slow.

I am presuming you are using debian testing/unstable? with X 4.1.0? If so
you can get X working without the nvidia drivers, what the drivers give
you is accelerated 3d so you can play things like quake. Indeed if you
don't ever use 3d then you will most likely never need them over the "nv"
driver included with X4.

If you want a working XF86Config-4 file (which doesn't need the drivers)
let me know and I will mail you one....

HTH
Adam
--
Adam Bower
"a funny thing about regret is, that it's better to regret

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk