[Gllug] Intel ADSL router

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu May 23 14:02:44 UTC 2002

On Thu 23 May, tet at accucard.com made the following spurious claims:

> Has anyone managed to get an Intel Pro/DSL 3220 ADSL router working
> under Linux? Sometimes I depair of humanity. Why can't people be
> bothered to check with their IT department before rushing out and
> buying equipment?

I know nothing of this "router" but if it's a router then there should
be no problem.  I think you mean modem.

(looks it up)  Yep, modem not router.

If the person made the buying decision based on this page, I think
they'd be well within their rights to get a refund:
http://www.intel.com/network/broadband/modems/dsl_3220.htm

It says: "Supports PCs with Windows* 98 or greater".  I presume your
machine has something greater than Win98.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job; it's
a depression when you lose yours.

- Harry S. Truman