[Gllug] WineX and Diablo II

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 10:09:39 UTC 2002

Tethys wrote:

>Xander D Harkness writes:
>

>>Even though Diablo and Diablo II are the only games I have
>>played in the last couple of years :-)
>>

>I've never understood why Diablo was so popular. It's just a blatant
>ripoff of a rogue-like game (specifically angband), but with all the
>gameplay, all the depth, and all the enjoyment removed. Oh, and with
>some pretty graphics bolted on. It's *way* too easy. But then, I
>suppose that's what's needed for the game to sell to today's attention
>span challenged generation.
>
>By comparisson, I'm still playing angband/moria after 12 years, and
>I still haven't completed it, and the enjoyment still hasn't diminished.

I gain much more happiness by learning a new service within Linux /
computing; hence my current work on an LDAP server.

I will occasionally take a break within my leisure time to do something
totally different , yes ease of play is a factor which is why I have not
plumped for a flight sim or similar.  I want something that I can dip
into, that rewards regularly and is fun.

Kind regards
Xander

--
Beauty is truth, truth beauty, that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk