[Gllug] WineX and Diablo II

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu Nov 28 09:36:05 UTC 2002

Xander D Harkness writes:

>Even though Diablo and Diablo II are the only games I have
>played in the last couple of years :-)

I've never understood why Diablo was so popular. It's just a blatant
ripoff of a rogue-like game (specifically angband), but with all the
gameplay, all the depth, and all the enjoyment removed. Oh, and with
some pretty graphics bolted on. It's *way* too easy. But then, I
suppose that's what's needed for the game to sell to today's attention
span challenged generation.

By comparisson, I'm still playing angband/moria after 12 years, and
I still haven't completed it, and the enjoyment still hasn't diminished.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk