[Gllug] ADSL or cable?

Walid Shaari walid at melinux.com
Mon Nov 11 00:34:13 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 00:01, Garry Heaton wrote:
> Since my dial-up connection was cut to 33kbps when BT installed a DACS
> box recently, I've been thinking about switching to ADSL or cable modem.
> I also need a fast connection for updating my Linux and FreeBSD machines.
>
> Is either one better than the other? Any recommendations?

it depends on your Area, and requirements.

Do you need a fixed IP address, or you will be happy with dynamic dns
services ?
How much are you willing to pay?
Will the provider have a complete package deal including cable
TV/telephone,..etc
and the list goes on

What would you like to have your self beside 247 better bandwidth?

Walid

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk