[Gllug] CD drive thinks audio instead of data.

Dermot Moynihan dermoyn at onetel.net.uk
Wed Nov 6 23:44:02 UTC 2002

Any ideas on how to stop a recalcitrant CD drive in SUSE from thinking,
whenever I insert a data CD, that an audio CD has been inserted and
offering me some media player to play it. I'm sending this from Windows as
my internet connection is still not working with Linux so I don't know what
media player it is. I've yet to put an audio CD on this system, since I've
got Linux on it, at any rate.  Sorry if this is a FAQ. It's all new to me.

By the way, thanks everybody for your help in getting connected to the
Internet.  I'm still working feverishly at it.  As soon as Onetel gives me
a bit of time, instead of 10 minutes here and 10 minutes there I'll report
back.

thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk