[Gllug] `du' errors?

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 00:09:38 UTC 2002

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Pete Ryland muttered drunkenly:
> du gives disk usage.  For example, a one byte file will use up one inode.

Um, one block.

A one gigabyte file will use up one inode but it'll use rather a lot more
blocks (well, ok, the blocks are really allocated to the inode...)

> If your inodes are, say, 8 KiB then du will report this much usage for it.

s/inodes/blocks/ again.

--
`The library at my secondary school was there for punishment, I think. I
 did liberate a number of books because I felt sorry for them.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk