[Gllug] [OT] ADSL provider advice?

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Mon Nov 18 15:14:45 UTC 2002

On Monday 18 November 2002 14:58, John Hearns wrote:
> I'm looking at goig for ADSL soon (and I may do away with the hitching
> post outside the house at the same time).
>
> Answer me off-list if you like, to stop unwanted traffic.
> There are lots of providers listed on adslguide.org.uk
> I'm not too concerned abotu having many static IPs,
> but would probably like a non-NATed service with maybe one static IP.
>
> I'm looking at the services from Maibox, Nildram and Claranet.
> Likes/dislikes/horror stories please!
> Or would be intrested in recommendations for a good Linux-friendly
> supplier.

I've been on plus.net for a while. Self install option is cheap, and provides
one static IP, optional smtp feed, more webspace than you can shake a stick
at. Had a bit of connection trouble recently, but their customer service is
right on the mark - honest and up to date.

Dylan

--
"Sweet moderation
Heart of this nation