[Gllug] Debian based distro and mouse config

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 07:19:29 UTC 2002

As part of the continual learning process I have just created a dual boot
machine, Linux and errm Linux!

Well really RH8 and Knoppix latest in an attempt to try to move all my
personal machines to Debian.  I want to make sure that all is well before I
move.

What I thoroughly enjoyed about the knoppix install was being able to watch
the news on the computer as it installed the OS to the hard drive.  Beats the
sales messages provided by MS any day :-)

I have a couple of queries.

I am in the process or updating on one console; however I am unable to get my
mouse working.  /dev/mouse is a link to usbmouse

The mouse works well under RH8 and under the Knoppix CD.  I can also see the
logitech mouse under usbview.

Suggestions comments all welcome ;-)

Kind regards
Xander