[Gllug] mod_vhost_alias

The Flying Hamster hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Nov 26 14:09:24 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:59:26AM +0000, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On 25 Nov 2002, Paul wrote:
>
> > Is it possible in Apache to have most virtual hosts dealt with by
> > mod_vhost_alias, but override this for some special virtual hosts. e.g.
> > to get separate logfiles etc?
> >
> > I've tried putting the <VirtualHost ... > section first for a special
> > hostname and then the general VirtualDocumentRoot directive later but
> > this doesn't seem to work - it all went through the mod_vhost_alias
> > route.
>
> I always use a separate instance of httpd for mod_vhost_alias services and
> have those which require specific configuration running on a separate IP.
> If you list the <VirtualHost...> instances before you list the
> mod_vhost_alias ones it may work but I've not actually tried it.

If there's a VirtualHost block for a given site then the directives in
there will come into effect, but only after a server reload.  We use
it to get customers up and running instantly but at the expense of
logging not kicking properly until the midnight reload.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
We're all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars  (O Wilde)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk