[Gllug] CC using postfix

Neil Fryer neil.fryer at 12snap.com
Thu Nov 14 17:12:25 UTC 2002

thanks a load, much appreciated

-----Original Message-----
From: itsbruce at uklinux.net [mailto:itsbruce at uklinux.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 5:13 PM
To: gllug at linux.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Gllug] CC using postfix

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 05:33:14PM +0100, Neil Fryer wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I know there is a way that you can kind of CC another person with postfix,
> so say you send a mail to neil.fryer at 12snap.com it will also go to
> xyberpix at unix.za, so both accounts get the mail. Now I can't remember how
> did this in the past, and so far what I have tried is adding:
>
> neil.fryer at 12snap.com xyberpix at unix.za.net
>
> to /etc/postfix/virtual

Firstly, that line should be:

neil.fryer at 12snap.com neil.fryer at 12snap.com xyberpix at unix.za.net

otherwise you're replacing the neil.fryer address with the xyberpix one.

Secondly, this shouldn't be done in virtual, it should be done in a
canonical recipients map.  man canonical

Thirdly, to enable canonical or virtual tables you have to add a line to
main.cf telling Postfix to use them, as follows:

recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical.recipients

or

virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

Restart postfix for immediate effect, otherwise it'll pick up the
changes in a few minutes.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk