[Gllug] zaurus and wireless networking

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Nov 18 11:51:12 UTC 2002

Adam Bower wrote:

> John Hearns wrote:
>
>> Adam,
>> I assume that you mean PCMCIA cards?
>> (thinking about it, does the Zaurus have Compact Flash built in, and
>> that is what you are after?)
>

> yup compact flash built in, no PCMCIA :( anyhow I will order one of
> the buffalo cards from dabs later today, the only thing I need is a
> PCI wireless card which works in linux. I was wondering if the super
> cheap dabs value brand card will work, but I can't find info on google.
>
> Adam

I had a lot of messig around with a rather flash 3com wireless card with
a popout arial (the details are somewhere on this list).  It was marked
as supported in various Linux compatibility lists etc. etc.

In the end I decided to get an Orinoco gold card by Lucent (they have
sold the brand to another company; however the cards remain the same).
Anyway, the Orinoco card is autodeteced by every distro I have used and
works beautifully.  Worth every extra penny.

Kind regards
Xander

--
Everything might be different in the present if only one thing had
been different in the past.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk