[Gllug] Linux config suitable for everyone...

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Tue Nov 26 21:48:18 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 02:42:08PM -0000, Daniel Andersson wrote:
> and i think (even though people will flame me) that XP's menu is one of the
> best, for newbies that is

No flames from here - I'm hoping to put together a system that is actually
*easier* to use for a newbie to computers.  If modelling parts of it after
XP or OSX will make it better then so be it.

> it's "Internet" and "Mail" (if i remember correctly)
> they don't need to know Mozilla, Netscape, Konquer, Internet Explorer, they
> only need to know "Internet" (which makes sense, me thinks)

How about "Web Browser" since "Internet" includes mail/news/ftp/ssh/etc too!

> keep it as simple and "one-way" as possible

Indeed.  Us GLLUGers *like* choice, so a menuful of browsers by name is
welcomed, but a regular person just wants to point at "Web Browser" and
expect it to work.

The issue then is which choices to make for them!

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk