[Gllug] LDAP and updates

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 16:20:33 UTC 2002

Well - I seem to be in the mood for asking questions today :-)

I have not used an LDAP server (except for that attached to an exchange
box).

I am looking to implement an LDAP server for a number of organisations,
I think.

The reason I am not sure is because I am not sure that it will fit my needs.

I want to implement a LDAP server to provide a global addressbook.
 There are a number of graphical clients to enter information into LDAP
servers.

What I want to know is whether clients such as Mozilla, Evolution,
Outlook Express etc. can update the LDAP server on the fly?

Kind regards
Xander

--
Roses are red;