[Gllug] Thesaurus based searching

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 14 00:04:00 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 23:08, Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 10:46:49PM +0000, Andrew Richardson wrote:
> > There is a terminal based open source thesaurus called aiksaurus.  I don't
> > know if you could put it to use on a webserver but the URL is I believe
> >
> > http://www.aiksaurus.com
>
> Oh yeah - that too.  This is the one that abiword uses AFAIK.  Both this and
> dict are architected in such a way as to seperate the front end from the
> data serving, so a web front end would not be difficult to write.
> www.dict.org is one such implementation.

Cool. I've not really looked at dict before, and it's really very nice.
Side question - does anyone know if there's a nice X interface to it?
I've got gdict, but it won't run 'cos I'm running Enlightenment, and not
running the gnome panel. Are there any X interfaces that don't require
gnome-panel?

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk