[Gllug] Recommend ADSL router?

French, Alastair Alastair.French at racalinst.co.uk
Thu Nov 14 17:01:04 UTC 2002

I'm using the SMC 7401 (i think) router / modem with plusnet

it has 1 WAN port / 1 LAN port / and a USB LAN port (both the usb and eth
lan ports can be used at the same time).

Other features include

	Web based setup
	HTTP based setup (no serial console)
	DHCP server for LAN
	DHCP client for WAN
	Virtual Servers

The cost was about £140 all in.

If you want a copy of the manual I'll dig out the url

Alastair

On Thursday, November 14, 2002 4:57 PM, Garry Heaton
[SMTP:garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk] wrote:
> I have 3 machines (Mandrake, FreeBSD, XP) on a 5-port hub and have just
> signed-up for Home500 ADSL with PlusNet. The machines are on
> 192.168.1.0/24 which I want to retain by using NAT on the router.
>
> Can anyone recommend a lower-price-range ADSL router with built-in modem
> suitable for this setup?
>
> Garry Heaton
>

> --

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. Such unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please inform RACAL INSTRUMENTS LTD. immediately by phoning +44 (0)1628 604455 (ask for the I.T. dept) and delete it and all copies from your system.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk