[Gllug] Error message

Leigh Mason leigh at silkstream.net
Sat Nov 30 11:18:12 UTC 2002

When I logged in this morning, the monitor screen was covered
with this:

Directory sread (sector 0x20) failed
Directory sread (sector 0x20) failed
Directory sread (sector 0x20) failed
Directory sread (sector 0x20) failed

There wasn't any command prompt, but I could regain it with ^C.
A search in Google seems to point towards an incorrectly mounted floppy
drive? Also, If I use: `find / -name filename` I receive the same error.

The only thing that I have recently changed, is place a new entry into
crontab using the crontab -e command - not sure if this could be
responsible?

I'm running RedHat kernel 2.2.16-22 on an compaq desktop pro 4000
(recently acquired)

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Leigh

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk