[Gllug] Re: O'Reilly discounts

Steve Cobrin cobrin at highbury.net
Mon Nov 25 12:00:07 UTC 2002

[copied to wider gllug mailing list, cos its probably of general
interest]

On Sunday 24 November 2002 21:17, Tim Simmons wrote to
gllugadmin at linux.co.uk:
> Steve,
>
> Will O'Reilly publications staff be available at the 7 Dec meeting
> with a range of books?

Unfortunately not at this meeting, it is hoped that they'll be able to
come along to the next meeting. We will, hopefully, have order forms,
which will still allow you to order books at 25% discount.

> If not, how do GLLUGers take advantage, away from meetings, of the
> discounts offered by O'Reilly to GLUGG?

We are currently trying to negotiate something with O'Reilly, but
currently its the handling of payment which is an issue, that and the
fact that the O'reilly online ordering system is based in the US.

However, I would like to point out that the UKUUG (Unix Unix User Group)
does have the office staff to handle O'Reilly orders, and they get the
same 25% discount. The only stipulation being that you join them (which
I recommend anyway) visit the following url, http://www.ukuug.org/ the
cost is £35 +vat (students £20)

> Thanks for the help
> Tim