[Gllug] Linuxemporium - Pink Tie

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Sat Nov 23 12:33:56 UTC 2002

At 15:12 +0000 2002-11-21, Adam Bower wrote:

>This again is a silly perception, windows is not easy to install.
>Computer operating systems are not easy to install, until there is
>"one way" to install every OS there will always be a perception that
>everything else is difficult to install/use etc. etc. Most people
>don't care what OS they run, we care thats why we run linux, and
>people who want to change will. What most people want is to be able
>to get tasks done, moving to Linux will stop most of them getting
>things done. Therefore saying that Joe Public say Debian is unusable
>is complete rubbish, for this kind of Joe Public Linux is unusable
>as it isn't windows.
>
>Adam

Can we add "maintain" to "install"?

I have got used the RedHat Network but I hear good things about
"apt-get" (and bad).

****

As soon and you "unbox" (the OS CD set or the pre installed hardware)
the first task is to download the security patches for the day...

Or is that security patches for the last ten minutes:-)

Gordo.

--
Linux User No. 256022///
http://pobox.com/~gordo/