[Gllug] Urgent

John Winters john at linuxemporium.co.uk
Sat Nov 30 10:57:03 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 08:50, Sudhir Anand wrote:
> Please do not respond to this message.  Ignore it altogether.
>
> On Friday 29 November 2002 22:52, Dr.Tom Tanga wrote:
> > STRICTLY PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL.

[Nigerian scam snipped]

This is the one kind of UBE I do respond to and am thinking of setting
up an auto-responder.  They're unique in that they do actually tend to
have a real reply-to address.  If everyone responded, either with a
simple, "No thanks" or something more direct, the senders would be
thoroughly overwhelmed and it might discourage them.

Presumably it should be possible to train Bogofilter to identify
specifically these.

John

--
The Linux Emporium - the source for Linux in the UK
See http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

We had a woodhenge here once but it rotted.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk