[Gllug] Linuxemporium - Pink Tie

John Winters john at linuxemporium.co.uk
Thu Nov 21 15:06:19 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 14:59, Alain Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 02:20:56PM +0000, Tethys wrote:
> >
> > David Damerell writes:
> >
> > >What does it matter to adults whether or not a child can install a
> > >given distribution?
> >
> > It doesn't, but the difference between an easy to use install and
> > Debian make a difference to adults as well as children. Remember,
> > not everyone is (or can be) a Linux guru.
>
> Far more to the point: not everyone *wants* to.
>
> Don't forget that most people just use computers as a tool.

This I feel is far too often forgotten (not specific to the Linux
arena).  There are some really ludicrous adverts around at the moment
assuring is that having the latest model of hardware will change our
lifestyles (yes, seriously!)  If only I could be bothered I'd report
them to the ASA.

John

--
The Linux Emporium - the source for Linux in the UK
See http://www.linuxemporium.co.uk/

We had a woodhenge here once but it rotted.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk