[Gllug] Business Assistance

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 00:20:08 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Calvin la Cock spake:
> Erm .. this is the oldest trick in the book , normally used by Nigerians.
> They get hold of your bank details and then try and move all your money on
> to their accounts .  Better luck next time. !

This is not their MO at all.

They ask you for more and more money, for bribes, formalities, and so
on; then, if you don't stop being a gullible idiot, they ask you to come
over to Nigeria because they need to do some of the necessary
bureaucratic stuff face-to-face. They whisk you through customs without
getting a visa, whereupon you are in the country illegally; then they
tell you that, tell you that therefore you can't leave, and either lean
on you for massively larger amounts of money, or kidnap you for ransom,
or both.

See e.g. <http://www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml>...

... and <http://www.geocities.com/steerp1ke/David_Ehi.html> for an
example of someone turning the tables on them, in conjunction with
Lovecraft :)

--
`The library at my secondary school was there for punishment, I think. I
 did liberate a number of books because I felt sorry for them.'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk