[Gllug] hit analysers and counters (java modules) in JSP?

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Thu Nov 14 12:12:20 UTC 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:21:05AM +0100, Manjush G. Menon wrote:
> hi
>
> Forgive me if this is OFF TOPIC!

Not too far off topic, if at all.  I assume you're using linux/apache?

> i want to embedd hit counter and hit analyzer (java moudules) in my JSP
> based web site. Analyzer should know the client ip address, and other
> client related specifics for tracking users.
>
> Have anything like this? please let me try..
>
> Any one, ANY IDEA of how to proceed?, please help,
>
> Can I get these client infns from the 'request' object or from any
> 'headers'??

Don't know why you would want to use java for this.  I'll bite my tongue a
little and not go on about how all too many people decide what buzzwords
they want to use first, *then* decide what they want to achieve.

Anywho, awstats is excellent.  http://awstats.sf.net/

There are many others (however no good JSP ones come to mind).

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk