[Gllug] Linux for dentists

Adam Bower adam.bower at framestore-cfc.com
Tue Nov 26 09:39:53 UTC 2002

Mark Preston wrote:

> 5. Restrictive licences.

<snip>

  For
> example, Windows 98 "second edition." To get what are essentially bug
> fixes, Microsoft charged Windows 98 for the second edition of the same
> product. (Creating yet another opportunity to charge consumers more
> money so its products will function properly).

The sentence doesn't read well to me and in the UK the Win98 second
edition upgrade CD was free for at least a few months although it was
kind of hidden on their webpages, also M$ did not want to charge for
this upgrade from what I recall but had to in some territories as it
could have been construed as being anti-competitive.

Adam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk