[Gllug] x-java-vm

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Wed Nov 6 08:43:02 UTC 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 21:39:33 +0000
Andrew Richardson <ahrichardson at clara.net> wrote:

> What exactly do I need to resolve the 'x-java-vm' required by mozilla &
> galeon for certain functions and where can I download it from ?
>
> Do I need a full java runtime installation ?  I have heard its a full 20 mb

Yes you need a java run-time installation. There are three that work (I think) Sun, IBM and Blackdown. We use the blackdown version here and it runs fine on our installs of mozilla and phoenix.

The java plugin .so is less than 1Mb in the blackdown version. However I suspect it wouldn't work without the rest of the jre. Which still leaves you needing to download quite a bit.

I assume you are on a modem or something equally pain inducing.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk