[Gllug] ps width on Solaris

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Tue Nov 26 10:26:19 UTC 2002

Alain Williams writes:

>Just the Essex (note capitalisation - since we are being pedantic)
>localisation of the "y'know" that you hear elsewhere -- equally
>grating after the 20th incantation.

I've even heard both in the same sentence: "I was out down Romford
last Saturday, innit y'know".

Anyway, in a vain attempt to drag this on topic, does anyone know
how I can get a ps on Solaris to not truncate the output at 178 columns?
Unlike Linux, "ps -efww" doesn't work (the -w flag isn't supported on
Solaris). The only alternative I can see is to use /usr/ucb/ps, but
I'm sure there must be some way of doing it with the native ps.

Any ideas?

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk