[Gllug] Re: [very OT] Monthly GLLUG grammar report

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 12:03:57 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 12:00:53PM -0000, Jonathan Dye wrote:

> That's reminded me, when I got to uni we were all given a booklet entitled
> "Writing for Humans" (as opposed to "Writing for Computers"), so I guess
> they are aware that the people going into my course (Computer Science) were
> generally poor at English.

Very enightened. I have met too many good techies who are unable to present
their ideas properly, as a result they do badly and/or their s/ware is poorly
accepted due to cr*p documentation.

I believe that English should be a compulsory subject at University for *everyone*.
The sort of English that I would want would concentrate on communication skills.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk