[Gllug] zaurus and wireless networking

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Nov 19 14:47:02 UTC 2002

On Monday, Nov 18, 2002, at 09:30 Europe/London, Adam Bower wrote:

> Xander D Harkness wrote:
>
>> I also use the Buffalo WLI-CF-S11G from Dabs for about £80 -
>> automatically recognised and works superbly.
>
> Aaah, excellent, you just saved me about 40 quid! as the only ones I
> could find were about 120 quid! now I owe you a beer too, I should
> start writing this down, and be suspicious of meeting lots of people
> called Xander and John S. anyhow who can tell me of a cheap PCI
> wireless lan card or access point that works in linux to complete my
> setup?

Belkin do a cheap PCI/PCMCIA bridge that can be made to work with the
latest kernels. I've got one of the Buffalo cards plugged into it and
everything seems to work. Currently having a bit of an interesting time
getting the routing setup, but that's because I am obviously being a
bit of a muppet ;)

Cheers,

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk