[Gllug] imasq inconsistent

Branden Faulls omphe at keiko.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 28 19:04:36 UTC 2002

Success at last!!!!  I hesitate to post after so long, but having
trawled through so many newsgroup postings in the last week, I daren't
let this thread finish unresolved.

The problem was my /etc/network/interfaces file.  I had set up my eth0
with the masquerading box as it's own gateway.  I presume that this
caused packets on my local network to disappear when they should have
routed out to my ISP. By removing this gateway entry from my eth0
interface I can now get a connection out from all boxes on my network.

Now I know a tiny bit more about routing and heaps more about the pppd
scripts.  Thank you Paul for all your help.

Branden Faulls

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk