SPAM[My RCPTTO] [Gllug] PDF makers

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Nov 1 15:20:47 UTC 2002

Stig Brautaset wrote:

>On Nov 01 2002, Xander wrote:
>

>>I did start of with Lyx :-)
>>
>>However I think that it is something that I will have to start with on
>>smaller projects, rather than 100+ page document I have to finish
>>editing this week.
>>
>>Even thinks like sticking a page break in or leaving a space of a few
>>lines is not intuitive.
>>

>*cough*

and cough you might!!!!!!  errm by looking at a gui for the short term
is was looking to by pass any manual reading ;-)

>\newpage seems pretty intuitive to me...
>As for the extra space, \smallskip, \medskip & \bigskip are your friends.
>
>Stig

Well yes; however as a gui interface for a document that I have to make
swift progress with Lyx is not a gui where I am able to hit return a
couple of times to make more space etc. etc.

I would very much like the increased control; however this exemplifies
the difference between M$ and Unix.  The greater control is there but
there is a much larger learning curve once you move away from linuxconf
etc. etc.

Cheers
Xander

--
"The Soviet Union, which has complained recently about alleged anti-Soviet
themes in American advertising, lodged an official protest this week against

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk