SPAM[My RCPTTO] [Gllug] PDF makers

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Nov 1 10:24:50 UTC 2002

On Fri 01 Nov, Frank Scott bloviated thus:

> I use it for writing online help files for applications which I have to
> port to the Evil Empire (TM).

If you're doing that, you should use Microsoft's free (beer) HTML Help
compiler.  It's more integrated than PDF and has things like keyword
search and index pages.  PDF would make for poor help, it's really
designed for print, as much as Adobe would like to claim otherwise.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

  "After watching my newly-retired dad spend two weeks
  learning how to make a new folder, it became obvious
  that "intuitive" mostly means "what the writer or
  speaker of intuitive likes".
- Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, on X the
  intuitiveness of a Mac interface