[Gllug] webcaches

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Tue Nov 19 09:55:26 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 21:37, Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Matthew Thompson wrote:
[...]
> > For the bulk of people they are fine - what I object to is not being
> > given the choice to opt out - in the same way that all mail from a
> > freeserve customer has to go via their SMTP proxy. Plays havoc if
> > you're hosting a mailing list or otherwise from your DSL connection.
> Having spammers on your network plays a lot more havok if you are the ISP.

Or lots of open relays on nice fat DSL pipes :/  There's something to be
said for limiting inbound smtp and actively hunting for open relays
connecting to your mailservers.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>      http://www.korenwolf.net/
Circular Logic is what gives us roundabouts, isn't it?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk