[Gllug] Linux config suitable for everyone...

Daniel Andersson daniel at septum.org
Wed Nov 27 09:33:21 UTC 2002

> > it's "Internet" and "Mail" (if i remember correctly)
> > they don't need to know Mozilla, Netscape, Konquer, Internet Explorer,
they
> > only need to know "Internet" (which makes sense, me thinks)
>
> How about "Web Browser" since "Internet" includes mail/news/ftp/ssh/etc
too!

hm, would make sense to people who know a bit
but people who know nothing or close to nothing?
i think Internet for most people mean www and Mail is email (duh)

my mom knows what the Internet is, she knows how to email etc
but if i'd tell her to launch the web browser she'd probably ask "What?"

that's my experience anyway

/ d

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk