[Gllug] Debian..... XF86

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sun Nov 24 18:43:32 UTC 2002

I have just installed Debian for the first time (apart from using Knoppix on
occasions).

All has gone extremely well except for the configuration of X.

I am using a Matrox Mystique with 16M of RAM with a 1024 LCD screen.  It is
standard hardware that presents Knoppix and Red Hat without any problems.

While I am happy with many of the configuration files in Linux, the X server
ones I have never had a need to fiddle with.  I have always just used
Xconfigurator which has always worked.

Is there a similar tool for Debian, xf86config does not work even when
supplied with the correct answers.  I get the error message that there are
screens available.  It states that there are screens configured but none of
them correctly.

Is it time to get dirty with the XF86config file?

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk