[Gllug] Barbican website - accessibility issues

Ian Norton bredroll at atari.org
Thu Nov 14 09:25:20 UTC 2002

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 08:07:42PM +0000, Garry Heaton wrote:

> The problem with the Barbican site has little, if anything, to do with
> Opera, Mozilla or any other browser brand and more to do with the fact
> that the site's navigation is built entirely in Javascript without a
> text-based equivalent or <noscript> directive being provided.
> Conseqently, anyone using a browser/device without Javascript
> (Lynx/devices for the disabled) or who has Javascript disabled, will
> either see nothing or a long heap of rollover images which should have
> been cached. According to:

One thing id like to point out is that when out and about, or on my way to
london i often find it useful to look at websites about where i'm going on my
Palm pilot or Wap phone, provision for text browsers will satisfy most of this
too, (maybe not WAP totally but i do think wap is a bit of a flop)

Ian Norton :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk