[Gllug] Fwd: [fsug-calicut] Help (LISP) !

Paul Roberts sakar at stelo.uklinux.net
Fri Nov 1 11:38:32 UTC 2002

"Manjush G. Menon" <manjushmenon at rediffmail.com> writes:

>      I am a newbie in Linux and I heard that Linux is a
> good platform for local area networks and programmers
> Can you please tell me about interpreters or compilers
> used for LISP programs under Linux platform?

There are a number of excellent, and free Lisp interpreters for
Linux. You can search for lisp at freshmeat.net to get a full list.

However, for most people, CLisp is the best. It is standard, fully
implementing Common Lisp, and is a very stable and mature code
base. It also intergrates very well with the Emacs text editor to
create an IDE type environment.

http://clisp.sourceforge.net/

Hope this helps, - Paul

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk