[Gllug] mod_vhost_alias

Paul paul at rbg.uklinux.net
Mon Nov 25 22:01:55 UTC 2002

Is it possible in Apache to have most virtual hosts dealt with by
mod_vhost_alias, but override this for some special virtual hosts. e.g.
to get separate logfiles etc?

I've tried putting the <VirtualHost ... > section first for a special
hostname and then the general VirtualDocumentRoot directive later but
this doesn't seem to work - it all went through the mod_vhost_alias
route.

I know I could look into mod_rewrite or maybe even run two instances of
Apache (?) but I wondered if there was a simple solution.

All virtual hosts are on the same IP i.e. name-based virtual hosts.

--
Paul <paul at rbg.uklinux.net>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk